The Archives départementales du Bas-Rhin’s website is in french only. However, this section provides information on our online and on site facilities to help you make the most of your research.
Digitised parish and civil registers on line. A free access to three millions of images !
The Departement du Bas-Rhin vital records are now available on line. They include :
- parish registers from the XVIth century to 1792 ;
- 10-year index and civil registers of birth, marriage and death from 1793
to 1912 ;
- family names’ choice registers by Jews (1808).
Access to online records
Digitised vital records remain available in reading room.
The Archives departementales du Bas-Rhin is home to millions of documents, files and images (both public and private) that cover 1,200 years of history.
Where to find us ?
Postal Address : 6, rue Philippe Dollinger - 67100 Strasbourg
Phone : (033) +3 69 06 73 06
Fax : (033) +3 69 33 21 39
Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : http://archives.bas-rhin.fr
Monday through Friday, 08:30 am to 05:30 pm
Except on the 1st Thursday of the month : 10:00 am to 05:30 pm.
Good Friday ; december 26.
Disabled access/ Access for disabled persons
Physical access to the building is now guaranteed for people using wheelchairs, walkers or other mobility aids.
Document reading room
You need a reader's card to access the reading room. Admission is free. In order to receive your reader's card you must bring a form of identity with you, to prove both your name and address (passport, driver’s licence…). Readers' cards are valid for up to a year from the date of issue.
- 15 computers dedicated to genealogical research on digitised vital records (parish and civil registers).
- 65 seats dedicated to original documents’ consultation. You can order them at a computer terminal in the reading room.
- Copying facilities provided : A4 prints for a 0,18 €/page fee ; the use of cameras (with the flash turned off) is also possible. Each reproduction request is subjected to the signing of a licence which provides ability to reuse data. See the dedicated page for details.
Last update : February 11th, 2013.